During the early hours of Saturday morning we sadly lost our beloved Charaka treatment room to an electrical fire stemming from a neighbouring building. Luckily, the internal door was closed and so the fire didn’t spread any further, but the damage caused to Charaka was extensive enough to make it now unrecognisable.

Named after one of the principal founders of Ayurveda, Charaka was our flagship treatment room at the rear of the spa. Favoured by clients and staff alike, Charaka had been with us since we first opened our door in 2006, offering all who set foot in it the pleasure of an authentic Ayurvedic experience.

As you can imagine, we are truly devastated by this loss but want to assure you that it is still business as usual at Ayurveda Retreat, and we aim to restore Charaka back to its former glory as soon as we can.

Ayurvedic Treatment Room Fire2Ayurvedic Treatment Room Fire